Life at Yahoo
Yahoo! Takes Fans “Beyond Gold” with Summer Games CampaignPosted: 20th of July, 2012
Yahoo!, the technology powered media company, will bring together consumers and advertisers from around the world to celebrate the London Summer Games with some of the most comprehensive, social, interactive, and personal experiences to date, across every screen.
Anchored with Yahoo Sports, Yahoo!’s “Beyond Gold” coverage will provide its 700 million global users, in dozens of languages and regions, with original video programs, breaking news, photos, expert analysis from gold medal Olympians and award-winning Yahoo Sports writers, unique editorial series, fantasy games and engaging second screen experiences.
"Yahoo! has been the No. 1 online destination for Olympics coverage since 2006, proving to be the place for users to gather and follow the biggest events," said Ken Fuchs, VP of Global Media for Yahoo & Head of Yahoo Sports, Men's and Games. "London 2012 will be a showcase for 24/7 reporting, across all screens, and Yahoo is investing to deliver powerful experiences for our users and advertisers. Our unique storytelling combined with innovative new products will help establish new memorable moments as they happen for 700 million fans around the world."
Yahoo!’s coverage of the London Summer Games will bring the events to life across multiple screens, using cutting-edge digital platforms and beautifully rendered design formats:
- The Yahoo Hub: Anchored in Yahoo Sports, the Yahoo Hub dedicated to the coverage of the Games is available and optimized for PC, mobile and tablet browsers. Fans will have access to breaking news, major headlines, daily recaps and photos, on-the-ground reporting, and expert analysis of the most exciting moments, ensuring they never miss a beat regardless of where they are. “London Pick’em,” a prediction-style game, will allow fans to challenge their friends and compete against fellow Yahoo users from 27 countries around the world. The Flickr Group “Yahoo!’s Coverage of London 2012” will feature original photos submitted by Flickr members depicting the worldwide excitement of the Summer Games at viewing parties and other scenes surrounding the events.
- IntoNow from Yahoo!: A second screen TV experience gives fans the ability to enjoy up to the minute synchronized content featuring medal counts, images from the games, schedules and athlete bios automatically synchronized with the Summer Games on the TV along with additional social experiences, including Twitter content from personalities at the games, and trivia.
- Sportacular from Yahoo!: A special tab on this favorite sports app offers personalized and easy access to teams, players, and leagues, allowing fans to get updates, stats and news on specific events and medal counts on the go.
- Connected TV: Integrated into the Yahoo Sports TV app, Beyond Gold for Yahoo Connected TV is an on-screen experience for people watching the Summer Games and offers news, scores, medal counts, photos and videos right on the TV screen.
- Search Direct Displays: Leveraging Yahoo Sports editorial and real-time search data, Yahoo Search will offer customized multi-screen direct displays across APAC, EMEA and North America, including medal counts, breakout athletes and popular teams.