Life at Yahoo
YOUR next big opportunity.
Bring your ideas, your passion and your creativity to life — and have fun doing it. At Yahoo!, your work will reach over half a billion people around the world. There’s no small task and no small opportunity. We’re looking for big thinkers who embody the innovative, collaborative, fun spirit that’s uniquely Yahoo!. We're looking for people like you. Welcome to Yahoo!.
Requsition Number: 35949
Location: Bangalore, IN - Bangalore Bagmane Tech Park
The person would have a role with significant scope and charter to architect, design, build prototypes and implement very high quality platform and products while also closely collaborating with the global engineering community by way of mentoring, participating in design reviews and providing thought leadership in technical areas
- Technical evaluation, architecture, design, implementation and deployment of large scale web applications/back-end platforms, in a multi-platform environment
- Owns the technology roadmap for a range of products/platforms
- Architecting compelling and competitive infrastructure solutions which demonstrate significant and quantifiable value
- Influence, Train and Mentor the technical team
- Works with technology management to establish clear guidelines on the use of technology.
- Communicates directly with product, quality assurance, business and all other roles to establish clear deliverables, accurate work estimates, and verification of deliverables.
- Works to make things better, cheaper, and faster (time to market). Accomplishes this by keeping things simple and following up with testing and verification.
- Experience in leading solution planning teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in development of quality, reusable deliverables
- Demonstrated structured problem solving abilities
- Enthusiastic and able to thrive in a team environment
- Good UNIX internals knowledge
- Must be proficient with UNIX services/architecture
- Minimum Graduation
- Work Experience: 11-15 Years of experience
Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information or to search all of our openings please visit https://careers.yahoo.com/in