A Little About Us
Yahoo is focused on making the world's daily habits inspiring and entertaining. By creating personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the world. In turn, we create value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses.
A Lot About You
As a Yahoo Associate Product Manager (APM), you will join a group of brilliant new graduates who innovate, drive product vision and strategy, and partner with key stakeholders to develop products that engage and delight users. Use your technical understanding, user focus, and powers of persuasion to complete ambitious projects.
The mission of the Yahoo APM Program is to transform recent college grads who have demonstrated the potential for strong technology leadership, into world-class Product Managers with business finesse and a deep understanding of the technical space. Over a two-year period, you will be given two rotations on top-priority projects within Yahoo’s various business units and will be responsible for leading products that impact Yahoo’s most essential businesses.
At the end of the first year, APMs participate in a two-week international trip. We study how different cultures use the web and consumer technology products, see what projects remote Yahoo offices are working on, and discover how to develop products that work well for international users.
As an APM you will be partnered with strong mentors and have the opportunity to work one-on-one with an executive coach on areas like public speaking, running meetings, and tech leadership. Our Yahoo Directors and VPs host frequent talks for the group, and APMs are expected to attend product reviews with Senior VPs and Marissa Mayer, our CEO. Current APMs also partner with Yahoo’s University Team in interviews, career fairs, presentations, and campus visits to recruit the best of the best into our next APM class.
Get a deeper look into our program by watching the epic Yahoo APM video.
* Drive the overall vision, strategy, and requirements to fuel user growth for your product. Iterate
fast and release top products!
* Analyze user needs, usage data, and competitive offerings to define product strategy.
* Define product success metrics and analyze product performance.
* Build strong relationships across design, engineering, and business teams to build and launch products.
* Grow and learn alongside your cohort of APM peers; speak with executives, join high-level product reviews,
meet with your personal executive coach, be mentored by senior-level product leaders, take a two-week
trip around the world to study how technology is imagined, innovated, and used beyond Silicon Valley,
attend social events with your cohort and other Associates Programs.
* Partner with Yahoo’s University Team in shaping the future of the program through interviews, career
fairs, presentations and campus visits.
You Must Have
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or similar major (minimum 3.5 GPA)
* Less than two years of combined work experience
* Software Developer or Product Management internship experience, or projects that demonstrate
hands-on experience within these roles
* Entrepreneurial or personal projects that indicate technical mastery and a passion for products
* Analytical and critical thinking skills, great communication, and good product sense / user intuition.
This is an entry level position designed for candidates with little or no work experience.